Seasons

Wow!  Fall is here and I haven’t blogged in almost 3 months I think!  Actually, that is not true, I just haven’t made any of my blogs public lately!!  A girl needs to get her thoughts on paper sometimes and not share them with the world! Today, I will share! :o) Lucky you! LOL

Fall is my favorite time of year. Hands down. No questions. I love it for it’s beautiful colors, for the smells, the feel of the air...the crispness...

As I sat playing guitar last week, a song began forming in my head and, of course I started scribbling it all down.  I don’t know that it will amount to anything, but the thought behind it is this:  Fall is a season.  It won’t last forever. None of the seasons do.  Some seasons we enjoy...some are painful and we just wish they would get over so we can move on to the next one! We have to learn from the season we are in, enjoy it if it’s possible, endure it if we must, but remember...this season won’t last forever!!

During this season of my life I know that I am learning at lightspeed!  Why? Because if I learn fast...surely this season will go by quicly! Ha! Maybe that’s not how it works, but I figure I might as well be soaking it in since this is where God has me.

Some things I am learning:

  •  Justice/Judgment is in God’s Hands

There are days when I would like to get on a plane, and go confront some people face to face.  Some that I never have had a chance to tell them exactly how I feel about them and what they have done to my family.  But then I realize, as good as that would make me feel, it would do no good!  Bring closure for me, yes, but people are who they are.  If they have been told 100 times, by 100 different people the same thing and they still don’t get it...chances are they never will.  (Aside from God’s hand working a miracle in their lives).  All I can do is educate others how to steer clear of people like them.


  • My future is in God’s Hands
That is such a cool thought.  For all of my planning, worrying, thinking and rethinking...God knows exactly what lies ahead!  He knows where we will be living in a year, where we will be working in a year, how He will  provide for us in a year.  Why do we even worry or wonder what lies ahead?

  • Forgiveness is a Process
This one is hard to grasp.  There are people I have forgiven, only to realize that I am still harboring unforgiveness. (Like those moments I want to jump on the plane... :0) )  I truly believe that at the initial point of forgiveness, I really did forgive them, but it almost seems to work like the stock market with its ebs and flows.  I know that eventually I will be able to completely forgive and hopefully forget...but I have to give myself some time. 

  • Healing takes Time
Along the same lines of forgiveness, healing takes time.  I get frustrated with myself when I wake up angry about things in the past...when I find myself bitter about a situation and think... "come on, you should be over this by now!” I have to realize that not everything can be “gotten over” in just a few days, weeks, or even months!  In order for some wounds to heal, it takes time.  A broken arm may look perectly fine on the outside once the swelling goes down, but it takes many more weeks before the inside is healed and ready to be used again.  Use it too quickly and it will break again...maybe worse than the first time...causing more permanent damage! We are the same way.  God will use us again, I have no doubt, but although the outside looks pretty good now, the Master Healer is still fixing up the inside. 

As you enjoy this Fall season, take time to reflect on what old things...though possibly beautiful in their time just like the changing leaves, need shaken off by the winds of change so that new growth can eventually replace it. Be patient with yourself and with God, who knows the perfect timing for YOU!

Thanks for stopping by!

Crazy Mom. Crazy Wife. Crazy Life.

Wendy Jo



Comments

  1. This is good stuff! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it, just what I needed to hear today. It's is so hard as a mom when someone that calls themselves Christians hurts your children. It is so hard to forgive, and like you said even when you think you have forgiven you realize you are harboring un-forgivness in your heart. This is a place I have unfortunately found myself to be in Pray for us as I still pray for all of you As this season of my life take place, I also just want it to end. Miss you and love you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys. I always hope that the words in my heart can somehow help others through their tough times too. My prayers are with you!! God is faithful!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts