Lessons learned then and now:
- It is easy to sit and ponder the “what if’s” of life. Hindsight truly is 20/20.
- You might be able to see a problem, but you might not always be the solution.
- People that think they know everything, rarely know much of anything.
- You can say the same thing 100 different ways, but if the person you are saying it to isn’t listening, they aren’t going to hear you.
- Family truly comes first. There is no greater calling then teaching your children the ways of God.
- Some sacrifice is temporary. Some sacrifice is necessary. Some sacrifice is misguided. Some sacrifices never end.
- When you are going through the thick of it, you learn who your true friends are.
- Some people only want to use you, others want to see God use you...there is a big difference.
- Some people will never change because they think they have nothing to change.
- Boundaries are not just important, they are imperative...in life, marriage and work.
- You have to know when to say NO.
- Bitterness makes you sick.
- Kill people with kindness...it really confuses grouchy people.
- Sometimes you can be so stuck in a rut that you don’t know you are there.
- There are some people that it’s just best to not be friends with. They aren’t bad people, they are just bad for you.
- Time heals all wounds, but the scars remind us of where we have come from.
- God still has a plan for us...
I could go on and on with the life lessons that have presented themselves so freely over the last year. Some may sound a bit harsh, but I don’t intend them to be that way. Simply truths that I have learned...and, sometimes, I guess the truth is harsh. Some days are good, some are bad and some are fantastic. Lately, there have been more and more fantastic ones. God has put special people in my life to help me see those fantastic moments. (and to get me out of some of those endless ruts)
Psalm 91 has become a favorite of mine to not only read, but to pray over my family.
I always remember Jeremiah 29:11. It is the scripture that God grounded in my heart nearly 10 years ago.
Today I am thanking God in ALL situations, because He truly is working all things together for my good...and yours too.
Thanks for stopping by.
Crazy Mom, Crazy Wife, Crazy Life