breathein.breatheout.repeat

breathein.breatheout.repeat...That seems to be my motto these days.  If I can remember those three things, I make it through another day. One day at a time. We often quote Dori from “Finding Nemo” in our house..."just keep swimming, just keep swimming, swimming, swimming....”

ANYWAY!!!

It is official, the new year is here.  It came without a whole lot of hoopla in our house.  I was struggling to keep my eyes open, and only pure stubbornness kept me from going to bed before the strike of midnight! Ashton and Caleb managed to stay up with Matthew and I, and Coop was off at a youth party so that was pretty much it.


Have you noticed that everyone seems to be doing the “bucket list” rather than a new year’s resolution these days? (Or maybe they are all doing both and I am out of the loop...) I am not sure that I am a big fan of either...I mean, why make a list of things to remind me of everything I didn’t do last year or won’t have time to do this year? I’m really not a pessimist. I just tend to be more of a realist now.  It is what it is.  I guess when life has thrown you a curve ball it just tends to change your perspective a bit.

It works for some people...  Just not me.

I like lists to help me get stuff done, but just for today...maybe for the week.  That’s about it.  Anything more and I’m sitting in a corner rocking back and forth and talking to myself.  It’s just TOO much!

Now something I do like to do is journal.  I like to write down all of the things that I have gotten to do and the things I want to remember.  Sometimes I write down things that I want to learn from that have happened in my life.  (and occasionally some hopes and dreams do creep in there!) It is also a great way for me to get some things of my chest that are probably better left unsaid.  It is a REALLY good stress reliever.

Ok, so I had a bunch of random thoughts that I wanted to put on here, but after typing them out it seemed like I was being a bit too pointed with my comments so I thought most of them kept better to myself... there is one though...

Do you ever have those things that you just want to say...knowing that you are wanting to say them to specific people, knowing that “that person” will know you are talking to them or about them, even if you don’t mention their name?  Have you ever been on the receiving end of those comments?

...It happens to us a lot these days.  Well, maybe a lot is exaggerating...but I do find it interesting that facebook and twitter have become a place to put a knife in the back and then continue to twist it a little deeper every time you get the chance... Not everyone does it, but some seem to take pleasure in it. It is sad to see the lack of maturity amongst even adults on these social networking sights.  At times when people need love and support, be they teens or those “more mature” adults...be careful that what you say is lifting someone else up, not tearing them down.

Off of that random thought... :0)

The kids are back at school today and I have sewing to do, a house to clean and company to get ready for.  It is good to be back and I hope that you all have a blessed New Year!

Looking forward to what lies ahead...

Crazy Mom. Crazy Wife. Crazy Life

Wendy Jo

Comments

Popular Posts