another year...


Well, another year has come and gone. I think this is a year that, if I could, I would just hit either a rewind to try it again, or a delete so I can just forget it.

Don’t get me wrong. There were definitely highlights that were unforgettable. The cruise that Matthew took me on for our 15 year anniversary tops that list.  Such good, carefree, and fun times! Little moments here and there...I haven’t forgotten those either.

But there were definitely lows as well, probably a lot more lows than highs this year. I suppose that’s life though. You take the bad with the good. I am trying to learn from the bad so there is a lot more good this year!

I think that I have ‘grown up’ a lot more this year than in the past years. Funny how the ‘bad’ experiences in life can do that to you. You know it’s true.  You really do learn a lot about who you are and about life itself in those times!

But, moving on...

A couple of things stuck out to me this week in my studying.

One is that we have to learn to balance our passion with patience...our timing isn’t necessarily God’s timing!  Those of you who know me well know that I am a woman of passion!  If I believe in something I am passionate about it...sometimes to a fault!  But the patience...that I am not so good at. That is a work in progress for sure!

On the heals of that, my favorite scripture, Isaiah 40:31. The thing that I had never realized about this scripture that Beth Moore points out is that so many times we are waiting (rather impatiently) on an event, a person, a thing to happen and we feel tired and not the least bit strengthened...but that is the problem. The scripture clearly states that when we wait on GOD our strength will be renewed...not on the things we want GOD to do!

So today, filled with many emotions, I choose to wait on the One that gives me strength...because I know I can’t make it through another year without HIM!!

Thanks for stopping by!

Crazy Mom, Crazy Wife, Crazy Life,

Wendy Jo

Comments

  1. Is that seriously your cake???? Wow! Somebody outdid themselves! You should post that pic on your Facebook. This is Shari by the way. Love you!!!! Glad you had a nice birthday too. I thought about you all day long! xoxox

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts