Looking Back

Well, as I sit and ponder life I can't help but think of good times and fun that's been had.

Not unlike my father, I have saved little things here and there that have special meaning or bring back memories of good times. And...not unlike my mother, I have also purged my fare share of things along the way! (It really depends on the mood I'm in when I'm cleaning I suppose!)

So today I am packing boxes and preparing for yet another move and I came across a vase. Nothing unique about it really, except that it is the vase that my now husband of 15 years gave to me, filled with a dozen roses on the day he proposed. I don't pull it out often, in fact I don't think it's been out once in the year I have lived at this house, but I just can't bear to part with it. There is of course a story that goes with it. More than the proposal, a funny story of handicap parking and parking tickets. Part of our history that I don't want to forget.


I found a tiny little mug that says I "heart" chicago on it. Matthew bought this for our little Carter when he was still in my belly and Matthew was gone on a mission trip.

The cappuccino/espresso machine that we received as a wedding gift. It hasn't made a cappuccino in years, but it used to be the only little luxury we had for our stay-at-home dates...because that was..all we could afford! Now we slip out for Starbucks when we can, but I still hate to part with it...

Then there are the pictures. Oh man, some are pretty funny. I look back and wonder what in the world we were thinking with clothing and hairstyles...wow! And then there are the more recent pictures from trips and family times...all part of who I am, who we are today.

Everything that happens in life, good and bad, make up the pieces that are...us! Although some things are fun too look back at, others can be painful, but they all ultimately make up our very existence.

Here's to looking back, and then looking ahead.

Thanks for stopping by.

Crazy Mom, Crazy Wife, Crazy Life

Wendy Jo

Comments

Popular Posts