A sunny day and nothing to do...

Well we finally got another sunny day here in the Poconos, and I hardly know what to do with myself!

No, really.

What exactly do you do on a sunny day with no kids at home?  I have had the day completely to myself and basically wasted the entire day because I couldn't figure out what I wanted to do!!

Pitiful, I know.


I dream of days like this, of all the things I would do with a day to myself. I picture a day trip to any number of places...

I felt guilty going shopping...

What would I buy? Could I spare any money?

What about taking a walk? mmmm, nope, can't get motivated for that one either...

Sewing, nope, don't want to be trapped inside...

A nap...no, feeling guilty just thinking about it.

Clean the house...again, no.

You get the picture.  And now, it's 2:45 and the kids are going to begin filtering back into the house and wanting to know what we are going to do tonight.  Hmmm, I better start working on this now or I am going nowhere fast when everyone gets home!  Maybe a bonfire out back.  Easy and free!!

In other news, Little Joe is finally adjusting to the family.  He has learned who is in charge after a few short days of very strict training... I think we may be backtracking on potty training though so there is another project for me to tackle! He keeps sneaking off to a certain spot in the house and making his mess and then sneaking back in!  I have cleaned the spot with pet odor remover and bleach, but he just keeps going back.  Lots of fun!

Before, I go, a little Carter story to make you smile...he is up to his antics again.  He is obviously watching EVERYTHING that happens around the house and soaking it all in!  Unfortunately, what he seems to have picked up is Matthew's habit of popping me on the rear and saying "hey babe"...yeah, you get the picture.  Fortunately his teacher at daycare is also a very good friend and got a kick out of his "rear-popping"as he strutted by her the other day.  Oh my, what will we do with the boy?

Well, I have 5 minutes left to relish of my quiet...yet boring day!  Hope you have enjoyed yours!

Thanks for stopping by!

Crazy Mom, Crazy Wife, Crazy Life

Wendy Jo

Comments

Popular Posts