Another Davis...

I think it's official, I've lost my mind!  I was at a baseball game, minding my own business, when this girl walks up with this tiny little ball of fur.  Now I am not normally a dog fan.  With five kids, the thought of cleaning up more poop, hair and whatever goes along with a dog...oh yes drool, it's just not appealing!  So I ask her about this cute little fur ball and it is a year old Maltese!  It's tiny, it doesn't shed, it's calm, it's good with kids...I want one!

Anyone who knows me knows that I can be a bit impulsive.  This was no exception.  I went straight home and started researching this little dog to find out if all of these things about him were true...which they are!  So before you know it I had found one and it is on the way to my house today!  


This isn't the best picture but it's the only one I have of the little guy! When he gets here I will take more!



I think we will call him Lil' Joe.  It's his given name and I like it.  Of course Carter, who I have told my secret too, is already calling it...you guessed it, Bean!  This is actually Matthew's Mother's Day gift to me.  I am quite excited, although the fear of the unknown is there...it is a big commitment.  I hope I don't get buyer's remorse, because this one isn't going back!

A good friend of mine decided to point out to me AFTER I had purchased Li'l Joe that this is normally the time I would be giving birth to another child!  She is right!  I think I just may be filling the void of not having another child with...a dog! Yikes...wish she would have told me that before I purchased the dog...it wouldn't have made any difference, and I am definitely not having more kids, so I guess a dog it is!

My only major concern now is that Carter will not sit on Lil' Joe because that would definitely be the end of him!  Definitely going to have to watch him close!  Normally he is terrified of dogs, no matter the size, so I am hoping that is the case with Lil' Joe.  At least for awhile so that Lil' Joe can learn to run and hide!!!

The kids are waking up and of course hungry so I had better get busy with breakfast.  The bus driver has zoomed past our house twice this week, not even slowing down, so today I will stand by the side of the road to wait, just to make sure...not sure what I'll do if she doesn't stop...probably start running after her like any good, crazy mom would do! 

I am attaching a link to the Parenthood sermon series from our church to the bottom of this.  I have had some requests for info on it and figured this was the easiest way to get it to you.  It will be updated each week with the new service for the four weeks I think.

Thanks for stopping by and Happy Friday...and Happy Mother's Day to all of you moms out there!!

Crazy Mom, Crazy Wife, Crazy Life

Wendy Jo

Comments

  1. ahhhhh you're getting a puppy!!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. let's just pray he doesn't end up like ol' charlie =]... and i completely agree with carter: bean is a superb dog name!

    y'all are the best--love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha good luck! just think before you know it you will have 5 dogs like us, (;

    p.s. and don't worry about bean i started calling my cat bunny when i was little and well um yeah the name stuck.... XD

    -Amber C

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts