The Baby Bulge

So I have a "Baby Bulge". It's not horrible, but it's there. A little spare tire reminding me every time I walk by a full length mirror...'Did you do some sit-ups today? No, I didn't think you did.' Now a good girdle would probably fix it, but I refuse. I am too young to wear a girdle, at least that's what I keep telling myself! A tummy-tightening tank...now that is a different story! But no girdle. I do have plans to start exercising again, but not today...

Today I went to Panera Bread.

I know, walking in the door you probably gain at least 10 pounds just from the wonderful smell that engulfs you!

I haven't been in awhile, but I love it! I love the smells, and the ambiance. I could definitely sit and sip coffee and eat carbs all day long while reading a good book. (especially on a dreary day like today!)

What I discovered when I went, however, is that Panera happens to be the first national chain to display all of their calories for each item up on the menu for all to see! (This is actually part of the new "Obamacare" law that is going into effect...which I am not getting into right now because I'm not in the mood to talk politics!)

"Yes, I would like the 610 calorie bagel along with the 430 calorie caramel latte please."

Wait, are you kidding me? I thought bagels were healthy!!

Okay, let's do the math. I am on a 1000 calorie a day diet to try to lose the remainder of my "baby bulge". That, in one meal, puts me over for the day! I had no idea!!!

A bagel sandwich and a splurge coffee?

Hello? Seriously?

I guess this is one way to make us rethink what we are eating, but I think I enjoyed not knowing a whole lot more! This was supposed to be a fun girls morning out and now I feel guilty! Not to mention that I decided to forego my latte for a plain, black coffee just to save the calories for later! (Dinner is coming you know!)

So my food arrives and I look at my 610 calorie sandwich and think to myself, 'This, is supposed to fill me up?' I'm already eyeing the display of tempting pastries just over my friend's shoulder thinking, 'I am going to have to get something else!! I am never going to make it to supper on this!'

Though I did survive I am not sure that I can ever enjoy Panera, or any other restaurant, again if they are going to put the guilt numbers beside every entree. I just don't know if I can do it! (although this may explain why these last 15 pounds are not coming off!)

Well, I am going to go finish crunching on this yummy rice cake, try to hold myself back from devouring the entire bag of oreos in the cabinet, and go unpack my new order from Alice.com that just arrived. (Yay!)

We are going out to dinner tonight...I think I will just blindly point at the menu and order whatever I am pointing at...just in case the calories are on there! No need to not enjoy my dinner out!

Thanks for stopping by!

Crazy Mom, Crazy Wife, Crazy Life

Wendy Jo

Comments

Popular Posts